Digimagaz.com – In an exciting match held at Bramall Lane on the early hours of Sunday, October 22, 2023, Manchester United managed to secure a 2-1 victory over Sheffield United in the 9th week of the Premier League 2023/2024 season. The match saw Scott McTominay and Diogo Dalot as the heroes for Manchester United, while Oliver McBurnie provided a glimmer of hope for Sheffield United with a penalty goal.
The game started with Sheffield United displaying confidence in front of their home crowd, creating several goal-scoring opportunities. However, it was Manchester United who took the lead in the 28th minute. Scott McTominay scored a brilliant volley after receiving a pass from Bruno Fernandes.
Just three minutes after McTominay’s goal, he was involved in a pivotal moment, this time in the opposing penalty box. He committed a handball offense, awarding Sheffield United a penalty. Oliver McBurnie stepped up as the executor and managed to beat Andre Onana, leveling the score at 1-1. The first half ended with this scoreline.
The second half saw Andre Onana making heroic saves to deny attempts from Oliver Norwood and Rhian Brewster. Manchester United came close to scoring in the 66th minute when Sofyan Amrabat’s shot from outside the penalty area hit the post. But it was in the 76th minute that the Manchester United supporters erupted with joy. Diogo Dalot unleashed a powerful strike from outside the penalty box, beating Wes Foderingham and putting his team in the lead.
Manchester United continued to create chances throughout the second half, but the score remained 2-1 as the final whistle blew, sealing their victory. This result moved the Red Devils up to eighth place in the league table with 15 points, while Sheffield United remained at the bottom with just one point.
The match saw both teams line up as follows:
Sheffield United (4-3-1-2), coached by Paul Heckingbottom
- Goalkeeper: Wes Foderingham
- Defenders: Jayden Bogle, Auston Trusty, Jack Robinson, Luke Thomas
- Midfielders: Gustavo Hamer, Vinicius Souza, Oliver Norwood
- Attacking Midfielder: James McAtee (substituted by Ben Osborn in the 78th minute)
- Forwards: Oliver McBurnie (substituted by Rhian Brewster in the 52nd minute), Cameron Archer
Manchester United (4-2-3-1), under the management of Erik Ten Hag
- Goalkeeper: Andre Onana
- Defenders: Victor Lindelof, Jonny Evans (substituted by Raphael Varane in the 84th minute), Harry Maguire, Diogo Dalot
- Midfielders: Sofyan Amrabat, Scott McTominay (substituted by Christian Eriksen in the 63rd minute)
- Attacking Midfielders: Antony (substituted by Alejandro Garnacho in the 64th minute), Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford (substituted by Mason Mount in the 88th minute)
- Forward: Rasmus Hojlund (substituted by Anthony Martial).
This win was a significant boost for Manchester United as they continue their journey in the 2023/2024 Premier League season.